Write briefly about nutrition in paramoecium.Paramoecium :
1) Paramoecium is a unicellular aquatic organism.
2) The paramoecium has thin, hair like cilia all over its body.
3) The cilia move back and forth rapidly in water.
4) When the cilia is present around, the mouth region of paramoecium move, back and forth. They sweep the food particles present in water into the mouth of paramoecium.
5) This is the first step in the nutrition of paramoecium which is called ingestion and is followed by digestion, absorption, assimilation and egestion.