Write brief notes on Ivan Pavlov’s experiment on dog to demonstrate conditioned
A. 1) Conditioned reflexes are not inherited.
2) Ivan Pavlov, a Russian scientist did experiments on conditioned reflexes. His experiments on dogs have become very famous.
3) When the dog sees food, it salivates… He rang a bell whenever the dog was given food.
4) After doing this for few days he noticed that the dog salivates when it hears the bell
even if the food is not given. .
5) In other words dog associated the sound of the bell with the food and assumes that whenever the bell rings food is given.
6) In expectation of food, saliva starts flowing from its mouth. Human beings are no expectation to this.