The benefits of “Sports for All” are as follows :
- Sports as well as physical education programmes promote a healthy and active lifestyle which is the indispensable need of the hour.
- Sports reduces the risk of heart ailments, such as coronary heart disease and ischemic heart disease, etc.
- It reduces obesity, hypertension and blood pressure.
- It regulates the body weight and improves the body composition.
- It improves health.
- It makes the bones stronger.
- It improves judgement, self-discipline, self¬esteem, sense of responsibility and self-
confidence and peer relationships.
- It promotes mental health and helps in reducing depression.
- It is the best way to reduce stress, tension and anxiety.
- It postpones the weakening effects of the ageing process. Or, it can be said that it delays the ageing process (old age).
- It reduces the level of bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases the level of good cholesterol (HDL).
- It enhances the process of socialization. By keeping the above-mentioned benefits in view, the maximum stress must be laid down on participation in sports by all the people-infants, young students, adults, middle-aged and aged persons. The programme of physical education as well as sports should be implemented in various settings so that it may cover all the individuals of all the ages.