1) Take about 10 ml of water each in two test tubes.
2) Add a drop of oil to both the test tubes.
3) Label them as A and B.
4) Add a few drops of soap solution to test tube B.
5) Now hake both the test tubes vigorously for the same period of time.
6) We c m see the oil and water layers separately in both the test tubes immediately after.
7) Stop shaking them.
8) Leave the test tubes undisturbed for sometime and observe.
9) The oil layer separate out first in which test tube we added drops of soap solution.