1) Take 1 ml of ethanol and 1 ml of glacial acetic acid along with a few drops of concentrated sulphuric acid in a test tube.
2) Warm it in a water bath or a beaker containing water for at least five minutes.
3) Pour the warm contents into a beaker containing 20-50 ml of water and observe the odour of the resulting mixture.
4) We will notice that the resulting mixture is a sweet odoured substance.
5) This substance is nothing but ethyl acetate, an ester.
6) This reaction is called esterification reaction.