Write about the blood vessels that bring blood to human heart.
- The less rigid vessels called veins bring blood from body parts to the heart.
- There are three large blood vessels or veins that carry blood to heart from all the
body parts. .
- The vein that collects blood from the upper parts of the body is called superior venacava. These caval veins open into right atrium.
- The vein that collects blood from the lower or posterior part of the body is called post caval vein or inferior venacava.
- The third vein called pulmonary vein brings oxygenated blood from the lungs and open into left Auricle.
- The right atrium receives deoxygenated blood while the left atrium receives oxygenated blood from lungs.
- In addition to these veins a pair of veins called coronary veins brings deoxygenated blood from the walls of the heart. They also open into right atrium.