Vending machines are the newest revolution in retail trade. These are coin operated machines and help in selling products like milk, soft drinks, hot beverages, platform tickets, etc.
2. The latest development under this concept is Automated Teller Machines (ATM) in the banking sector.
3. This machine has made it possible to withdraw money any time without visiting any bank.
4. These machines prove to be very useful for selling prepacked goods at a low price, having high turnover and are uniform in size and weight.
5. The main limitation of these machines is that the installation cost of these machines is very high. Also, the expenditure on regular maintenance and repair on them is very high.
6. Another limitation of this system is that the customers can neither see the product before buying nor return the unwanted goods.