1) Dressing is the first step in extraction of metals.
2) Ores that are mined from earth are usually contaminated with impurities such as soil and sand etc.
3) Dressing means, simply getting rid of as much of the unwanted rocky material as possible before the ore is converted into the metal.
4) Physical methods are used to enrich the ore.
5) These methods adopted in dressing the ore depends upon difference between physical properties of ore and gangue.
6) The following physical methods are involved in dressing are : 1) Hand picking,
2) Washing, 3) Froth floatation, 4) Magnetic separation.