- The electric charges in motion produce magnetic fields.
- When a bar magnet brought close to the screen of a television we can observe that the picture on TV screen is distorted.
- The motion of electrons reaching the screen affected by the magnetic field of the bar magnet.
- This must be due to the fact that the magnetic field exerts a force on the moving charges.
- This force is called magnetic force.
Why does the picture appear distorted when a bar magnet is brought close to the screen of a television ? Explain