Why do some children pass urine during sleep at night until 15 or 16 years of age ?
A. Children pass urine during sleep at night. It is called bed wetting. It is caused due to
one more of the following reasons. .
- The child’s urinary bladder is maturing more slowly than usual. The capacity of the bladder may be reduced.
- The risk of child passing urine in night time is due to the hereditory factor that one or both parents, wet the bed as children.
- Some children wet the bed because they do not make enough levels of vasopressin which reduces the urine production.
- Deep sleep prevents child from sensing bladder fullness.
- Constipation a common problem in children can also cause passing urine during sleep at night.
- Physical or emotional problems may cause bed wetting.
- Stressful situation than can trigger bed wetting include moving to a new house, changing schools, the death of a loved one or being sexually given bad effect