- Rich Peasantry Group—the patidar and jats demanded reduction in revenue and participated in the boycott program.
- Poor Peasantry Group—they wanted unpaid rent to be remitted, joined radical movement led by the socialist and communist.
- Business Class Group—prominent industrialist like Purushottam Das, G.D. Birla formed FICCI wanted protection against imports of foreign goods and rupee sterling exchange ratio and refused to sell imported goods.
- Working Class Group—Nagpur Workers adopted boycott of foreign goods, against low wages and poor working conditions.
- Women—participate in the protest marches, manufacturing of salt and boycotted foreign goods.