- Mahatma Gandhi declared that British rule was established in India with the cooperation of Indians and if they had refused to cooperate, British rule in India would have been collapsed within a year.
- He proposed that the movement should unfold in stages.
- It should begin with the surrendering of titles that the government had awarded to the Indians.
- A boycott of civil services, army, police, courts and legislative assemblies, schools and foreign goods would show their non-cooperation to the British Empire.
- Mahatma Gandhi felt that in case the government used suppression, a full civil disobedience campaign would be launched.