While eating sometimes choking takes place, what might be the reasons ?
A. 1) ) Pharynx is the common pathway of both air and food. .
2) It is bifurcated as trachea to pass air, and oesophagus to travel food.
3) Here the trachea is covered with flap like lid called epiglottis.
4) While eating epiglottis covers the trachea to prevent the food particles.
5) When we think or talk while taking a meal, the epiglottis does not cover the trachea well. '
6) Then some food particles enter the trachea and cause choking.
7) The entering food particles are forced back by cough.