Which three challenges do you feel are being faced by political parties in India? Give your opinion.
The three challenges faced by Political parties in India are:
Lack of internal democracy.
- All over the world, there is a tendency of political parties towards the concentration of power in one or few leaders at the top.
- Parties do not keep membership register.
- They do not conduct internal elections regularly.
- Ordinary members of the party do not have sufficient information as to what happens inside the party.
- Since most political parties do not practice open and transparent procedures for their functioning, these are very few ways for an ordinary worker to rise to the top in a party.
- Those who happen to be the leaders are in a position of unfair advantage to famous people close to them or even their family member.
- In many parties, the top positions are always controlled by members of one family.
Money and Muscle Power
- Since parties are focussed only on winning elections, they tend to use short cuts to win elections.
- They tend to nominate those candidates who have or can raise a lot of money.
- Rich people and companies who give funds to the parties tend to have influence on the policies and decisions of the party.