Which organisations made the struggle successful in Nepal?
- The call for indefinite strike was given by the SPA or Seven Party Alliance in Nepal.
- This alliance included some big parties that had some members in the Parliament.
- The protest was also joined by the Nepalese Communist Party (Maoist) which did not believe in parliamentary democracy.
- This party was involved in an armed struggle against the Nepali government and had established its control over large parts of Nepal.
- The struggle involved many organisations other than political parties. All the major labour unions and their federations joined this movement.
- Many other organisations of the indigenous people, teachers, lawyers and human rights groups extended support to the movement.