What was the Tenth Plan endeavour to increase the enrolment in higher education?
- Increase enrolment of 18 to 23 years age group from six to eleven percent by the end of the plan.
- Focus on increasing access, quality, adoption of states-specific curriculum modification, vocationalisation and networking on the use of information technology.
- Focus on distant education, convergence of formal, non-formal and IT education institutions.
- Over the past 50 years, there has been a significant increase in the number of universities and institutions of higher learning in specialised area.
- The plan outlay on education, in India increased from rs 151 crore in the First Plan to rs 3766.90 crore in the Eleventh Plan.