What should you do during an earthquake?
- During an earthquake, we should
- try to get out of the high-rise building. If you cannot get out safely, hide under a desk or a study table.
- get into an open area, away from trees, buildings and power lines. In a hilly terrain, it is advisable to stay away from slopes.
- not run outside blindly, one may get killed by falling bricks and debris just outside the buildings. We should not use lifts during an earthquake.
- ask the driver to take the vehicle on a side of the road. If you are in a moving vehicle, keep away from the bridges, trees, buildings and power lines. Stay inside the vehicle and wait for the shaking to stop.
- not rush to the roof of the house. Never enter a cracked or partially damaged house. The slightest movement may lead to its collapse. If you are in bed, protect your head with a pillow.