What is the need of special tissues or organs for transpQrt of substances in plants
and animals ?
A. 1) The body of plants and animals is made of cells.
2) In order to survive and maintai n ’themselves, all cells require oxygen, water and food.
3) They need certain other substances to carry out various life processes.
4) Oxygen, water, food or any other substances may be picked up at one end of the
body of an organism and transported to other parts. ’
5) Thus transportation is a life process in which a substance absorbed or synthesised •
in one part is moved to other parts of the body. c - ;!
6) The methods of transportation of substances are different in plants and animals.
7) Therefore there is a need of special tissues or organs for transport of substances in
plants and animals