What is the function of digestive enzyme ?
How different enzymes act upon carbohydrates, fats and proteins ?
A. Different kinds of digestive glands are present in our alimentary canal help in digestive process, which starts in mouth.
1) In mouth ptyalin act on carbohydrates converts into dextrose and maltose.
2) Pepsin acts on proteins and coverts into peptones.
3) Amylase acts on carbohydrates and converts as maltose.
4) Trypsin and peptidases acts on proteins and converts in to peptones and amino acids
5) Lipase acts on fats and converts into fatty acids and glycerol. Carbohydrates, proteins and respectively.fats are finally converts into glucose, amino acids, fatty acids or glycerol