What is the function of digestive enzyme ?
How different enzymes act upon carbohydrates, fats and proteins ?
A. Different kinds of digestive glands are present in our alimentary canal help in digestive process, which starts in mouth.
- In mouth ptyalin act on carbohydrates converts into dextrose and maltose.
- Pepsin acts on proteins and coverts into peptones.
- Amylase acts on carbohydrates and converts as maltose.
- Trypsin and peptidases acts on proteins and converts in to peptones and amino acids
- Lipase acts on fats and converts into fatty acids and glycerol. Carbohydrates, proteins and respectively.fats are finally converts into glucose, amino acids, fatty acids or glycerol