Meditation : It is also termed as Dhyana in Yoga. It means when one sustains and maintains the focus of attention through Dhyana unbound by time and space. It is an exercise to develop concentration on some specific object. It cleans the mind and the emotions.
Importance of meditation in sports :
- It helps to increase concentration and focusing of thoughts or goals.
- Eliminates stress and anxiety.
- Gives relaxation to body and mind.
- Eliminates unwanted, undesirable and destructive thoughts appearing in mind so that a calm and healthy state of mind is achieved.
- Helps in controlling our thoughts and behaviour.
- Helps in stabilizing cardio-respiratory and autonomic activity of individuals.
- Constant practice of meditation helps one to control anger / aggression.