What happens to our body if we touch live wire of 240 V?

cbse
electric-current

#1

240 V current disturbs the functioning of organs inside the body. It is called electric
shock. If the current flow continue further, it damages the tissues of the body which leads to decrease in resistance of the body. When this current flows for a longer time, damage to the tissues increases and there by the resistance of human body decreases further. Hence, the current through the human body will increase. If this current reaches 0.07 A, it effects the functioning of the heart and if this much current passes through the heart for more than one second it could be fatal.
If this current flows for a longer time, the person in electric shock is being killed.