What are the various ways to provide employment opportunities in rural areas?
- The government can spend some money or banks can provide a loan,To construct wells for irrigation.
- Dams can be constructed along with canals, which will lead to a lot of employment generation.
- Government can invest some money on the construction of roads for running mini trucks and providing jobs opportunity in transportation.
- Local banks can provide credit at reasonable interest to the farmers for their farming to improve.
- Identify, promote and locate industries and services in semi-rural areas where a large number of people may be employed.
- Setting up of dal mills, opening cold storages, honey collection centres and industries to process vegetables and other agricultural products, which can be sold in outside markets.
- More and more schools should be opened which would create about 20 lakhs jobs in the . education sector alone.
- To improve the health situation, we need more doctors, nurses, health workers, etc. to work in the rural areas.
- If tourism as a sector is improved every year, we can give additional employment to more than 35 lakh people.