The natural overcoming of seed dormancy are :
1. Weakening of tough and impermeable seed coats by microbial action.
2. Rupturing or weakening of seed coats by mechanical abrasions.
3. Action of digestive enzymes present in alimentary canals of birds and other animals which happen to feed on their fruits.
4. Leaching of inhibitors present in the seed coat.
5. Inactivation or oxidation of inhibitors by heat, cold and light.
6. Production of growth hormones which can counteract the effect of inhibitors