Joint injuries : These include dislocation with subluxation and luxation. Dislocation is when position of bones in joints are altered. It is a displacement of cartigeous surface of bones comprising a joint. It is of two types : Subluxation: Bones of joints are only partially displaced.
Luxation: Bones of joints are totally displaced. First aid for joint injuries :
- Keep the patient in comfortable position which he/she wishes to assume.
- Movement is restricted to avoid further complications.
- Injured part is supported by use of slings and bandage.
- Apply ice pack to reduce swelling and to reduce pain.
- Patient should be transported to nearby hospital in a comfortable position.