Joint injuries : These include dislocation with subluxation and luxation. Dislocation is when position of bones in joints are altered. It is a displacement of cartigeous surface of bones comprising a joint. It is of two types : Subluxation: Bones of joints are only partially displaced.
Luxation: Bones of joints are totally displaced. First aid for joint injuries :
1. Keep the patient in comfortable position which he/she wishes to assume.
2. Movement is restricted to avoid further complications.
3. Injured part is supported by use of slings and bandage.
4. Apply ice pack to reduce swelling and to reduce pain.
5. Patient should be transported to nearby hospital in a comfortable position.