Suggest any three steps to minimise the environmental degradation caused by the industrial development in India.
Three steps to minimise the environmental degradation caused by Industrial development in India are:
Energy lite of waste water discharged by one industry pollutes eight times the quantity of fresh water.
- Minimising use of water for procuring by reusing and recycling it in two or more successive stages.
- Harvesting of rain water can be dense to meet water requirement.
- Treating hot water and effluents before releasing them in rivers and ponds.
- Particulate matter in the air can be reduced by fitting smoke stacks to factories with electrostatic precipitators, fabric filters, scrubbers and inertial separaters.
- Smoke can be reduced by using oil or natural gas instead of coal in the factories.
- Machinery and equipments can be used and generators should be fitted with silencers.
- Almost all machineries can be redesigned to increase energy efficiency and reduce noise.