The features of cottage industries are as follows :
- Simple equipments : Simple equipments are used in the production of goods.
- Indigenous technology : Indigenous technology is used for producing goods.
- Individuals : The industries are organised by individuals having private resources.
- Investment: Small amount of capital is invested in the production.
- Simple products: Production of simple products in their own premises.
- Family labour: Cottage industries use family labour and locally available talent.