The features of cottage industries are as follows :
1. Simple equipments : Simple equipments are used in the production of goods.
2. Indigenous technology : Indigenous technology is used for producing goods.
3. Individuals : The industries are organised by individuals having private resources.
4. Investment: Small amount of capital is invested in the production.
5. Simple products: Production of simple products in their own premises.
6. Family labour: Cottage industries use family labour and locally available talent.