Since October 02, 2014 ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’

Since October 02, 2014 ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ has been launched in our country.
(i) Write your views on this initiative giving justification.
(ii) As a biologist name two problems that you may face while implementing the programme in your locality.
(iii) Suggest two remedial methods to overcome, these problem?

(i) ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ is a cleanliness drive launched by Shri Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India on 2 October 2014. I totally support this campaign.
This initiative is needed to solve the sanitation problem and waste management in India. Following this drive by all citizens will ensure hygiene across the country. It will spread awareness among people on the importance of clean surroundings. An unclean environment leads to various diseases, different types of pollution and creates a feeling of disgust in the minds of viewer. As a responsible Indian citizen, we all should join this drive with enthusiasm.
(ii) Two major problems can be:
(a) Lack of adequate sanitation
(b) Separation of biodegradable and non-biodegradable substances so that they can be treated properly.
(iii) Two remedial measures to overcome these problems are:
(a) Large number of toilets need to be constructed and people should be made aware about the importance of proper sanitation.
(b) Separate bins have to be installed for biodegradable and non-biodegradable substances.