“Roadways still have an edge over railways in India.” Support the statement with arguments.
Roadways still have an edge over railways in India:
- Construction cost of roadways is much lower than that of railways.
- Roads can traverse comparatively more dissecting and undulating plains.
- Roads can negotiate higher gradients of slopes and can traverse mountains like Himalayas.
- Road transport is economical in transportation of few persons and small amount of goods over short distances.
- It also provides door to door services.
- Cost of loading and unloading is much lower.
- Road transport is also used as a feeder to other modes of transport such as they provide link between railway station, airports and sea ports.