Observe the following diagram and write a note on light dependent, light indepen¬dent reactions.
A. Chloroplast is the organells that performs the photosynthesis.
Photosynthesis has two stages.
- Light reaction and
- Dark reaction
- Both are occur in chloroplast.
Light reactions :
- Sunlight is absorbed by chloroplast and lose the elec¬trons.
- By this oxidized energy helps to photolysis.
- By the movement of this proteins ATP and NADPH2 are formed
- These are end products of light rections which are known as assimilatory powers.
- This process is occur in stroma of chlorophyll.
- Here C02 is converted as glucose, with the help of enzymes and mediary compound.
- Finally the glucose is stored as starch
- This process is known as Calvin cycle.