Napoleon had destroyed democracy in France but in administrative field he had incorporated revolutionary principles in order to make the whole system more rational and efficient.
- All priviledges based on birth were removed.
- He had established equality before law.
- Right to property was given.
- Simplified administrative divisions were made.
- Feudal system was abolished and freed peasants from serfdom and manorial dues.
- Guild restrictions were removed.
- Transport and communication systems were improved.