Mahesh bought an electric iron and connected its wires into the two-pin plug


#1

Mahesh bought an electric iron and connected its wires into the two-pin plug. Obviously, the green wire was not connected anywhere. Few days later, his wife got a severe electric shock while ironing the clothes.
The electrician told Mahesh that this situation could be averted, if he had connected the green wire also, using the three-pin plug. Mahesh learnt a lesson for a life-time.
Read the above passage and answer the following questions.
(i) Which terminal was to be connected using green wire?
(ii) What qualities does Mahesh need to incorporate in himself to avoid such mistakes?
(iii) If you were the electrician, what else would you do than explaining to Mahesh?


#2

(i) Earthing terminal was to be connected using green - wire.
(ii) Mahesh needs to be more careful, concerned about safety measures and be less ignorant about simple safety practices.
(iii) I would check all other devices at home, whether they are properly earthed or not and also check for any overloading in the household circuits.