“Lack of internal democracy within parties is the major challenge to political parties all
over the world.” Analyse the statement.
In what way lack of internal democracy is seen in the political parties?
- All over the world, there is a tendency of political parties towards the concentration of power in one or few leaders at the top.
- Parties do not keep membership register.
- They do not regularly hold organisational meetings.
- They do not conduct interval elections regularly.
- Ordinary members of the party do not have sufficient information as to what happens inside the party.
- As a result, the leaders assume greater power to make decisions in the name of the party.