I. Identifications. answer who, what, where, when, why, how, and significance, where applicable. Be sure to phrase you answer in sentence format. You answer should be at least 2-3 sentences in length.
The Fourteenth Amendment
The Freedmens’ Bureau
George Armstrong Custer
The American Federation of Labor
1) 14th Amendment was in regards to citizenship and equal protection of laws. It was in relation to former slaves following the American Civil War.
2) Freedmen’s Bureau provided food, housing, medical aid, established schools and offered legal assistance. It helped settle former slaves on Confederate lands confiscated or abandoned during war.
3) The Redeemers were white political coalition in the Southern United States during the Reconstruction Era. They were conservative, pro-business, and pursued Redemption policy.
4) George Armstrong Custer was a United States Army officer and cavalry commander in Civil War.
5) Andrew Carnegie was a Scottish-American industrialist who expanded the American steel industry.
6) Samuel Gompers was president of the American Federation of Labor and he was conservative.
7) Urbanization is a population shift from rural to urban areas.
8) The USS Maine was the first US Navy ship to be named after the state of Maine. She was built in response to Brazilian battleship Riachuelo.