How is the small intestine designed to absorb digested food ? Explain.
A. 1) Small intestine is the largest part in digestive system.
2) Absorption is its main function including last stage of digestion.
3) The inner surface of small intestine has millions of tiny finger-like projections called villi.
4) Due to the presence of villi, the absorbing surface area of small intestine increases.
5) And the large surface area of small intestine helps in the rapid absorption of digested food.
6) The digested food which is absorbed through the walls of the small intestine, goes into our blood.
7) Long and folding structure increase the ability of small intestine.