How does seasonal unemployment occur?
- It happens when people are not able to find jobs during a particular season or months of a year.
- People dependent on agriculture usually face such kind of problem.
- There are certain busy seasons when sowing, harvesting, weeding and threshing is done.
- Certain months do not provide much work to the people dependent on agriculture. .
- Certain industries and traders also engage workers for a particular season. When the season ends, the workers are rendered unemployed, e.g., sugar industry.