How does India have great physical variations?
The land of India displays great physical variants such as:.
- The Peninsular Plateau constitutes one of the ancient landmasses on the earth’s surface. It was supposed to be one of the most stable land blocks.
- The Himalayas and the Northern Plains are the most recent landforms, but the Himalayas are the most unstable zone.
- The Himalayas represent a very youthful topography with high peaks, deep valleys and perennial rivers.
- The Northern Plains are formed by alluvial deposits.
- The Peninsular Plateau is composed of igneous and metamorphic rocks.
- Therefore, geologically we find great physical variations in India due to certain changes formed by various tectonic movements inside the Earth.