Aim : Verification of 2nd law of reflection of light.
Required material: Mirror strip, drawing board, white paper, pins, clamps, scale
- Take a drawing board and fix a white paper on it with the help of clamps.
- Draw a straight line AB at the centre of the paper and also a normal (ON) to AB at the point ‘O’.
- Draw a straight line PQ making certain angle with ON.
- Fix two pins at the points P and Q on the paper vertically.
- Observe the image P’ of the point P and Q’ of the point Q in the mirror kept along the line AB.
- Fix two more find R and S such that they are in the same line as that of P1 and Q’. Join R, S and O.
- Here the incident ray is the ray which is passing through the point P and Q touching the paper.
- The reflected ray is the ray which is passing through the points R and S touching the same paper.
- ON is the normal to the mirror at point ‘O’ it is also lies on the same plane.
- Incident ray, reflected ray and normal lies in the same plane, hence 2nd law of reflection is verified.