Aim : Verification of 2nd law of reflection of light.
Required material: Mirror strip, drawing board, white paper, pins, clamps, scale
1) Take a drawing board and fix a white paper on it with the help of clamps.
2) Draw a straight line AB at the centre of the paper and also a normal (ON) to AB at the point 'O'.
3) Draw a straight line PQ making certain angle with ON.
4) Fix two pins at the points P and Q on the paper vertically.
5) Observe the image P' of the point P and Q’ of the point Q in the mirror kept along the line AB.
6) Fix two more find R and S such that they are in the same line as that of P1 and Q'. Join R, S and O.
7) Here the incident ray is the ray which is passing through the point P and Q touching the paper.
8) The reflected ray is the ray which is passing through the points R and S touching the same paper.
9) ON is the normal to the mirror at point 'O' it is also lies on the same plane.
10) Incident ray, reflected ray and normal lies in the same plane, hence 2nd law of reflection is verified.