How do you study the external and internal features of a kidney ?
A. Aim : Studying the external and interned features of a kidney.
Materials required : Freshly collected specimen of sheep/goat’s kidney from the
butcher or 3D model of a kidney, sharp blade/ scalpel, tray and a jug of water.
Procedure for observation:
- Wash the kidney so that, blood is completely drained from it.
- Put the kidney in the tray and observe it carefully. ’
- Note down the observations in the notebook.
- With the help of sharp blade take the longitudinal section of the kidney and observe interned structure.
- Draw what you have observed and compare it with the- figure.
- After observing the L.S. of kidney answer the following questions given under.