How do you study the external and internal features of a kidney ?
A. Aim : Studying the external and interned features of a kidney.
Materials required : Freshly collected specimen of sheep/goat’s kidney from the
butcher or 3D model of a kidney, sharp blade/ scalpel, tray and a jug of water.
Procedure for observation:
1) Wash the kidney so that, blood is completely drained from it.
2) Put the kidney in the tray and observe it carefully. '
3) Note down the observations in the notebook.
4) With the help of sharp blade take the longitudinal section of the kidney and observe interned structure.
5) Draw what you have observed and compare it with the- figure.
6) After observing the L.S. of kidney answer the following questions given under.