Aim : To prepare own indicator.
Materials required : 1) Beetroot -2 or 3, 2) Knife, 3) Bowls, 4) Water, 5) Spoon, 6) Mixy, 7) Orange juice.
1) Take the beetroots and peel them with the help of a knife. (At first, wash them).
2) Chop them into pieces.
3) Put those piece into a mixy jar and make a paste.
4) Add some water to the paste. Now filter this and collect only juice from this. Observation & Result:
1) Now add 5 to 6 drops of this juice, (beetroot juice (indicator)) to orange juice (5 to 6 drops) and mix it.
2) We can see the colour changes. This indicates the presence of acidic nature in orange juice.