How do you observe pollen grain undera microscope ?
Observation of pollen grain.
- Take a slide and put a few drops of water on it.
- Take any flower like hibiscus, tridax, marigold, etc., tap it over the drop of water.
- We will see small dot like structures in water.
These are pollen grains.
- Observe the pollen grains under hand lens then under a compound microscope.
- Also see a permanent slide of pollen grain from your lab.
- Observe under a microscope. Make a drawing of what you observe and compare with the given diagram.
Observation : Pollen grain germinates only on stigma. In pollen grain consists of two
to three cells surrounded by a protective wall in Angiosperms. In gymnosperms the
pollen grain consists of several living cells.