- Mahatma Gandhi believed that salt could be a powerful symbol to unite the whole nation. Poor peasants- against high revenue demand, trade depression, remittance of rent.
- Rich peasants-high revenue, wanted revision in the revenue demands.
- Industrialist -wanted protection against imports of foreign goods, rupee-sterling foreign exchange ratio, formed FICCI
- Workers-against poor working conditions and low wages.
- Women-service to the nation as the sacred duty.
- Salt was made was an act of civil disobedience.
- Workers went on strike in railway workshops shops closed down.
- Local leaders were arrested.(Any three)