The Nationalism emerged in Vietnam:
- The colonization of Vietnam by French brought the people of the country into conflict with the colonisers in all areas of life.
- Vietnamese began reflecting on the nature of the loss. Nationalist resistance developed out of this reflection.
- Teachers, students fought against the colonial government’s efforts.
- Many religious movements were hostile to the western presence.
- Development in China also inspired Vietnamese nationalists.
- Vietnamese students organized in association for the restoration of the anti-French independence movement changed.