Role of cultural processes in making of nationalism in India:
- The sense of collective belonging came partly through the experience of united struggles.
- There were also a variety of cultural processes through which nationalism captured peoples’
- History, fiction, folklore and songs, popular prints and symbols played a part in the making of nationalism.
- The identity of the nation is most often symbolised in a figure or an image.
- This helped to create an image with which people can identify the nation.