How can we control soil pollution?
Following measures may be taken to control soil pollution:
- Proper dumping of unwanted materials.
- Organic wastes contained in animal dung can be used for preparation of compost, manure and biogas rather than throwing them as waste and polluting the soil.
- Natural soil microorganisms should be used to increase the soil fertility rather than the use of pesticides and insecticides.
- To minimise soil pollution, waste such as paper, plastics, glass, metals, chemicals and industrial wastes should be recycled and reduced instead of throwing in the soil.
- Use of chemicals, insecticides, etc., should be banned.