How are taste and smell related ?
A. 1) Taste and smell are intimately related.
2) This close relationship is most readily seen in how we perceive the flavours of food.
3) Anyone with severe cough and cold cannot make out the difference in the taste of certain food items,
4) Actually, what is really being affected is the flavour of the food , or the combination of taste and smell.
5) That is because not only the taste but also the food odours are being defected.
6) Taste it self is focussed on distinguishing. Chemical that have a sweet, salty, sour,
bitter or umami taste. .
7) However interactions between the senses of taste and smell enhance our perceptions of the foods we eat.
8) Smell of the food flavour gives a similar taste to food.