Give reasons for the following.
- Put a layer of mulch (leaves, barks, etc.) around the plants and trees.
- Water the plants before sunrise or after sunset.
- Drip irrigation helps in conserving water.
- In spite of huge availability of water on the earth, there is not enough for human consumption.
- A layer of mulch is put around the plants and trees for better absorption of water and to avoid run-off.
- Plants should be watered before sunrise or after sunset because water evaporates more quickly in sunlight.
- By drip irrigation there is no loss of water due to seepage, run-off or evaporation. Therefore, it helps in conserving water.
- There is not enough water for human consumption because most of the water on earth is in seas and oceans which is not potable