Give an example of coordination in your body where both hormonal and nervous controls function together.
How do nervous system and hormonal system work together to coordinate functions
of your body?
A. 1) Several functions in our body as we have seen are controlled by nerves. While many of them and others are controlled by hormones.
2) When we are afraid, the rate of heart beat increases, the breath rate will be faster,
blood pressure increases, the hair on the body becomes erect and we get goose bumps. '
3) We might not observe our pupil dilation; skin becomes more sensitive. We come to
normally only after we reach a safe spot. : r *
4) But in the above situation the action of the nervous system is limited.
5) All the changes in the body are carried out under the Influence of a chemical called
Adrenalin hormone released by Adrenal gland. - '
6) The various actions of the body are controlled by hormones and coordinated by nervous system.
7) -So in these type of conditions nervous system and endocrine system work together to bring about control and coordination.