Aim : To find the plane of reflection.
Required material: Mirror strip, drawing board, white paper, pins, clamps, scale
- Take a drawing board and fix a white paper on it with the help of clamps.
- Draw a straight line AB at the centre of the paper and also a normal line (ON) to AB at the point ‘O’.
- Draw a straight line PQ making certain angle with ON fix two pins at the points P and Q on the paper vertically. PQ line indicates the incident ray.
- Observe the image P’ of the pin P and Q’ of the pin Q, in the mirror kept along the line AB.
- Fix two more pins R and S such that they are in the same line as that of P’ and Q’. Join R, S and O. This line indicates the reflected ray.
- In this the incident ray is the which is passing through the points P and Q touching the paper.
- The reflected ray is the passing through the points ‘R’ and ‘S’ and ON is the normal.
- The plane in which the incident ray reflected ray and normal will lie is the plane is reflection.