Aim : To find the plane of reflection.
Required material: Mirror strip, drawing board, white paper, pins, clamps, scale
1) Take a drawing board and fix a white paper on it with the help of clamps.
2) Draw a straight line AB at the centre of the paper and also a normal line (ON) to AB at the point 'O'.
3) Draw a straight line PQ making certain angle with ON fix two pins at the points P and Q on the paper vertically. PQ line indicates the incident ray.
4) Observe the image P' of the pin P and Q' of the pin Q, in the mirror kept along the line AB.
5) Fix two more pins R and S such that they are in the same line as that of P’ and Q'. Join R, S and O. This line indicates the reflected ray.
6) In this the incident ray is the which is passing through the points P and Q touching the paper.
7) The reflected ray is the passing through the points 'R' and 'S' and ON is the normal.
8) The plane in which the incident ray reflected ray and normal will lie is the plane is reflection.