Power sharing is desirable for various concrete reasons. Two sets of reasons have been listed out which favours power sharing in two different manners like: Prudential reason and Moral reason.
• According to prudential reason power sharing accommodates social diversity hence, helps in reducing the possibility of conflict between social groups.
• Power sharing in another way ensures the political stability through competition among various political parties.
• Besides, power sharing is also desirable to the promotion of national unity and integrity.
• Moral Reason is a very deeper reason of power sharing.
• According to moral reason power sharing is desirable to produce an accountable, responsible and legitimate government.
• It implies maximum popular participation through decentralisation of powers so that people would be consulted on how th£y are to be governed.
In this way, both the sets of reasons signify the importance of power sharing in the forms of Community Government, Reserved Constituencies and Decentralisation of powers.