Explain the reflection of light on white paper screen with the help of an activity.
- Place a concave mirror fixed on a stand, on a table. Make a screen of about 15 cm X 10 cm using white paper pasted on a cardboard.
- Keep a lighted candle at a distance of 50 cm from the mirror, on a table.
- Try to obtain the image of the flame on the screen, by moving the screen till a sharp image of the flame is obtained.
- Next, move the candle towards the mirror and place it at different distances from it, so as to obtain the image on the screen.
- You will observe that the image formed by a concave mirror can be smaller or larger in size than the object or may be real or virtual.